The Liquidity tab embedded within our real-time Microstructure application provides traders with a range of key volume forecasts for the current trading session including estimates on important high ‘natural’ liquidity events like the closing auction. The forecasts update dynamically with reference to historic volume and current live market conditions and provide:-
- Pre-trade volume fragmentation analysis for modelling P.O.V and VWAP strategies
- Closing auction volume estimates for risk unwind to avoid carrying unwanted positions overnight
- Assessing liquidity, impact and feasibility of Market on Close orders.
The current Day Total forecast volume can be immediately compared to the recent 30 day historic mean average in the Microstructure charts and accompanying legend to establish whether the stock is expected to trade heavy or light relative to normal.
Traders using the OTAS Schedule component are also offered forecast participation rates over a range of short term trading periods in view of completing an order ahead of its optimal schedule. The key benefits here are:-
- Provides statistical evidence of potential impact on ‘must be completed’ order execution instructions.
- Allows traders to visualise the best strategy approach and evaluate participation rate from the time the order is received.
- Calculates your total order size as a percentage of remaining forecast volume still to trade on the day.